Wet Hop Usage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wet Hop Usage?

Going to try wet hopping soon for first time. Wondering if anyone has advice they would like to share. Mash hop? Late kettle? Fermenter? My friend told me to be wary of wort dilution due to water content. Anyone? Bueler? Thanks as always probrewer community.

Hello? Anyone EVER use Wet Hops? Bueler? I know you're out there. Thanks!

Thank You. Pro's

Comment

Haven't used them in a professional setting but I do use them at home in a 10 gallon batch around harvest time.

Have done a harvest ale in the past but just this past weekend did a harvest pils. I have Hallertau growing in my backyard. Haven't noticed any dilution of wort when using them but it may be far less noticeable at those volumes versus at the pro volume level. I'm only using them in the boil. I have moved towards only using my hops wet. I dislike whole hops generally and I'm not a fan of harvesting them (what kind of brewer am I? LOL) so I just set up a brew day and harvest as I go. Much easier at home brew volumes where I only need a few ounces at each strike.

This may not be the answer you're looking for but I figured I'd chime in anyway.

Comment

I do a fresh hop beer every year and I have never worried about diluting my wort. I usually add hop pellets for the bittering addition and use wet hops for all of the other additions. I do not have a hop back so I have to make hop bombs using cheese cloth. It is a pain but my customers love it. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
        X