Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Point of Sales goodies

Hello All
    We are looking to future of our brewpub and see expansion coming. So we are now in the market for point of sales stuff (coasters, table tents, posters etc..)
    What are the best POS things to buy to get our name out there? Where is money best spent on advertising of this sort?
    Thoughts, opinions and experiences would be much appreciated.
    Cheers
    Jay Stoyanoff
    Brewmaster
    Plattsburgh Brewing Co.
    Plattsburgh, NY

POS marketing

Same question for me but I'd also like to know what works beyond the goodies. I imagine it's difficult to measure exactly what affects sales since there are so many variables- beer quality, logo, catchy name, distributor influence, the economy, etc. I would think, however, that those in the business for a while at least have a feel for what works best. My thinking:

POS visits are number 1. You've got to get to know the people selling your product and have them on your side.

I think the goodies are next. Need to have name recognition and get the customer to think about your product. Coasters, business cards, etc. are easily disposed of so I'm not keen on those. I'd rather go with items that have more staying power- bar mats, glasses, electric signs, maybe some posters. T-shirts and hats seem like a good way to go as well although they won't necessarily stay at that location. They have to look good, of course, or it's all a waste.

Next I'd go with donating beer to charities and community events. It's a captive audience so they'll have to sample your brew. It's cheap enough as well since you don't have to 'pay' the distributor and retailer. You can also get mentioned in the promos for the event.

Last for me is traditional media, TV, newspaper, magazine. I just don't feel these stay with the consumer. I don't know about everyone else but I always flip past print ads and my favorite way to watch TV is to record the program and speed through the commercials. It can be expensive as well. Social media can work just as well without costing anything.

These are just my musings, I don't have any experience with them- yet! Those with experience, please shoot down my ideas at will. I'd rather find out I'm wrong now then later when it counts.

Comment

Working...
    X