Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The McMaster Hose Thread?

Folks -

I've been struggling with brewery hose and making sense of what is what. One problem is that McMaster doesn't list actual manufacturer's information, at least with most items. To that end I'm wondering if it would be useful to have a thread dedicated to cross referencing McMaster parts with the manufacturer info. I'd be happy to keep it updated on this first post if you want to send me the info... if it got big we could even do a Google sheet or something.

I'll start.

McMaster PN McMaster Description Manufacturer Manufacturer PN
    53715K45 High-Pressure Wet-Food Hose, 1-1/2" ID, 2-1/8" OD, 225 PSI, Orange Unaflex Brewer's & Vinter's Hose Type 725
    5544K12 Clear Wet-and Dry-Food Hose, 1" ID, 1-1/4" OD, 106 PSI, 20' Length Goodyear Nutriflo
    If this is useful, cool. If not, let it die quietly
    Last edited by Coolhand; 09-03-2013, 07:03 PM.
    Justin Smith

President & Business Development
    Ten Sleep Brewing Co., Inc.
    2549B Highway 16
    PO Box 406
    Ten Sleep, WY 82442
    tensleepbrewing@gmail.com
    www.tensleepbrewingco.com
    www.facebook.com/TSBCo

For brewery hose I prefer places like Associated Hose, CPES, or GW Kent. Mcmaster isnt your best bet. That orange hose is fine I use it on the keg washer but you are going to get better pricing and banding options from the other guys.

Comment

Our parts buyer did some digging to find a halfway decent deal on sani hose. We now get them through a local company, Dunham Rubber:

Distributor and service company for all belting needs. Hydraulic hose assemblies from our Aeroquip Express Premier Service Center. Sheet rubber goods, fittings and accessories.
      Kyle Kohlmorgen
      Process/Automation Consultant
      St. Louis, MO

Comment

We use the brewers hose from mcmaster. I could not even get close to the $8/ft it cost me to buy 100'. I then bought a new "used" hose bander off ebay and double banded my hoses to the lengths I needed. Is there something wrong with this hose? I am using 1" hose since we are on a 10bbl system.

Comment

Hey guys -

There are quite a few hose threads discussing pros and cons and different suppliers. My thought for this one was simply to provide cross references from McMaster PNs to actual Manufacturer's PNs. Makes it much easier to compare price, etc.

Maybe the McMaster hose thread is too limiting, and it should be a general McMaster/Manufacturer cross reference thread?

Justin
          Justin Smith

President & Business Development
          Ten Sleep Brewing Co., Inc.
          2549B Highway 16
          PO Box 406
          Ten Sleep, WY 82442
          tensleepbrewing@gmail.com
          www.tensleepbrewingco.com
          www.facebook.com/TSBCo

Comment

Originally posted by CedarCreek View Post
            We use the brewers hose from mcmaster. I could not even get close to the $8/ft it cost me to buy 100'. I then bought a new "used" hose bander off ebay and double banded my hoses to the lengths I needed. Is there something wrong with this hose? I am using 1" hose since we are on a 10bbl system.
            That's a pretty decent price - are you using the cam fittings or a sani-hose fitting?
            Kyle Kohlmorgen
            Process/Automation Consultant
            St. Louis, MO

Comment

Working...
            X