Filter problems with Rye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filter problems with Rye

I'm having some difficulty filtering one of our beers with Rye in it. We used roughly 15% Rye malt in our grist bill. The filter becomes blinded immediately after I start my run. I am doing the same procedure I do with all our beers, including those with wheat malt. I'm wondering if the proteins left in suspension from the rye are affecting yeast flocculation? This is my first time filtering a beer with Rye malt, any tips or pointers would be great. Thanks

We biofine our rye beer w good results. Try 100mls per Bbl and then filter should run like a dream. Just more expensive and one extra step though. We dont actually filter ours at all but you could if you wanted. Just dont grab the milky bottoms or you will blind it just the same. I have the best results adjusting the racking arm at the beginning and never touching it again til the bitter end where you can attempt to grab that last little bit.

Comment

Thanks for the tip. I did just that this afternoon. Hoping for better results in a few days.

Comment

Working...
      X