The Ultimate Guide to Craft Beer Social Media Marketing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Ultimate Guide to Craft Beer Social Media Marketing

While the importance of social media as a marketing channel varies by industry, for craft beer and other “craft” industries (unlike more commoditized ones) social media can be an effective part of a marketing strategy.

Because of the importance of the personal relationship between craft beer drinkers and brewers, the opportunity for brewers to leverage technology to connect at scale is extremely powerful.

Whether you’re just getting started using social media for your brewery or are looking for more effective strategies and tactics, I put together a post that details the exact strategies and tactics that largest and fastest growing breweries in the country are using:

http://theportablebarcompany.com/cra...dia-marketing/

I still think nothing trumps effective in-person marketing (check out our beer festival guide if you agree! - http://theportablebarcompany.com/beer-festival-guide/), but there’s definitely a huge opportunity for craft brewers to utilize social media effectively

I’d be curious to hear what everyone else is doing and your general opinions on how important Social media is for craft breweries? Anyone have any specific things that are (or aren't) working for them?

Great read, thanks for posting it. I am starting a brewery in South America so it was fun to see a deeper explanation of social media and think about what groups follow what here in South America. For instances although we are yet to open and don't have too larger of a following on facebook or twitter I have noticed that While friends and customers are more likely to follow us on facebook (twitter is not widely used down here) we have a lot more industry people following us through our twitter

Comment

Glad you found it useful Madhopper!

I've found the same thing to be the case in terms of Twitter vs. Facebook. I think for getting the message out to your customers, facebook is much more effective. However, I'm continually amazed at the connections I'm able to make over Twitter even though you generally have to move to another platform (like email) to go in depth.

Comment

Working...
      X