Steam Boiler Sizing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steam Boiler Sizing

Looking for recommendations on appropriate sizing of a steam boiler for a 15 BBL brewery. Steam would be needed for the 2-vessel 15 BBL brewhouse, 30 BBL HLT, and some minor sterilizing/cleaning operations. I'm considering electric steam boilers due to the initial investment required, knowing that natural gas would be cheaper in the long run. But so far I've received two recommendations that are far apart. A natural gas Columbia Boiler MPH-30 capable of producing steam at 1,035 lbs./hr. for $35k and a Sussman Electric Boiler ES-180 capable of producing steam at 542 lbs./hr. for $17k. Both are recommended for a 15 BBL brewery. Any thoughts?

Do you have natural gas to your facility? What is your natural gas cost? Do you have the electrical capacity for Sussman? What is your cost of electricity? How often will you brew? Answering these questions will give you the insight you need to choose one over the other. And I'd get another quote for a natural gas boiler. You could also consider used. Also, installation cost will be much higher with gas.
    Phillip Kelm--Palau Brewing Company Manager--

Comment

Working...
    X