Grundy Parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grundy Parts

Im working with 12 grundys and would like to start replacing the old gaskets (site glass and door). Can someone direct me to a company that deals in replacement parts for grundys.

Thanks,

Shoes

Hey, Shoes............try these folks............

Mangel, Scheuermann & Oeters, Inc.
    1957 Pioneer Road, Building "B"
    Huntingdon Valley, PA 19006
    215-674-5500
    attn: Bernard Black

I got this contact info from my old buddy in Manhatten. We use Grundies as well for secondaries in our first Brewery.
    I've never used them, so I'm anxious to see what experiences you have with them.

Good luck!

Comment

Most gaskets are easier gotten thru your local yellow pages under gaskets. The top clamp style Grundies have a trickier gasket, and I found it useful to toss the aluminum ring which corrodes and fails for a stainless one made at your local welding shop.

Comment

Thanks

Called MS&O and the woman that answered wasnt sure what they had for grundy parts. Im suppose to get a call from the parts man tomorrow. The lady also said they were "slowing" down. When asked if they were going out of business, she didnt answer. Sounded as if they were getting rid of what was in stock and not reordering. She also mentioned that they were having a hard time getting parts from England. Hopefully this well doesnt run dry.

Shoes

Comment

Try this guy as well.......

Hey, Shoes.........here's another lead........

Get with Jeff Gunn at IDD. He knew the original developer of the Grundy Tank back in the UK when Moby was a minnow. The tanks were built cheap to save cost and sell low. I believe they were originally dairy tanks.

Anywho, Jeff might have a line on who's spotting parts for these museum pieces.

Thanks for the feedback on MS&O. I'll pass that on...........

Good luck! Please keep me posted on what you find.

Comment

MS&O Update

Talked with the owner of MS&O, Bernie Black. Very nice guy and was very helpful. They are clearing out their stock and have a few grundy parts available. He also educated me on grundys and I now know that I dont have grundy tanks. I have Porter-Lancastrian tanks, mainly used for dairy products. I was able to obtain a few gaskets but he also said I should check with a gasket manufacturing company.

Shoes

Comment

Working...
            X