pump for keg cleaning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pump for keg cleaning

We are looking at building a keg washer. We have our 3/4hp brewery pump ($1000) for pushing the cleaning chemicals, but we need a second pump for the sanitizing chemicals. Can you recommend a more economical pump out there that would work as our sanitizing pump or will I need to spend another $1000 for another brewery pump? Trying to save some dough if possible.

Thanks.

Rich

You could do a pump cheaper. I'd suggest looking at your entire operation and standardizing on one or maybe two models that are easy to replace and maintain. I've now got the brewery I'm working at with same pump for CIP, HLT, Kettle, and glycol circulation. If you do an equipment inventory to find what pumps and motors you use, you could find a pump that works for most of your applications. Maybe different motors; high speed vs. low, but still easy to maintain and to replace. Don't know your washer setup, or throughput, but seems like your pump requirements for sanitizer would be pretty basic. There are a few standards out there you could look at. You might need to spend $700 for a quality pump. $1000 seems like lots.
    Phillip Kelm--Palau Brewing Company Manager--

Comment

We just added a venturi valve to our keg machine (DME 4 head manual) to sanitize. No need for a pump. Huge time saver. Although it does use more water.

Comment

Can I see a photo of this venturi valve set up?

Comment

See the links below. A water hose connect to the bottom (brass swivel connection) and the cloudy white tube goes into a container with sanitizer. The screws at on the venturi valve adjust the mixture of sanitizer to water.

Comment

Working...
          X