Carbon filter question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carbon filter question

I have seen a lot of guys here saying just to go and get a pool filter and fill it with carbon but the rating for psi on pool filters is only 35-50 psi. Im pretty sure the water pressure from my 2" water pipe is more than that. What do you guys think or how are you making this work for you?
    Ben Pugh
    Meddlesome Brewing Company
    Memphis, TN

Eclectic Ales
    Memphis, Tn

I think its a good idea to get 3 bids/opinions from your local water guys. They will better be able to calculate your requirements and give you options. They will bring up details you havent considered such as backflushing capabilities and the like. Just by talking to directly to them you will get a better understanding of what you need to do even if you end up doing it yourself.

Comment

What Matt Dog said. Get a professional. You should know for a fact what your water pressure is. A gauge is mandatory on water lines before and after filtration. IF your water pressure is above the working pressure of your filter, then you must install a pressure regulator. 45psi=3bar is usually plenty of pressure for most breweries. Regulate it to such and you won't have to worry about filters exploding. Good luck!
      Phillip Kelm--Palau Brewing Company Manager--

Comment

Working...
      X