Legal Regulations on Private Tasting Event during non-operational hours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legal Regulations on Private Tasting Event during non-operational hours

Hello all, new to the site and forum. I figured I might get a response here before I dive into much research through the books. I am curious if anyone knows the legal regulations on hosting a private bottle share in the taproom of our brewery during non-operational hours. Its a very small intimate gather of less than 20 beer geeks from the area. Thinking about hosting it in the taproom but clueless on legal ramifications and regulations. Thanks for any input.

Michael

Originally posted by michaellcoates View Post
    Hello all, new to the site and forum. I figured I might get a response here before I dive into much research through the books. I am curious if anyone knows the legal regulations on hosting a private bottle share in the taproom of our brewery during non-operational hours. Its a very small intimate gather of less than 20 beer geeks from the area. Thinking about hosting it in the taproom but clueless on legal ramifications and regulations. Thanks for any input.

Michael
    Without knowing your state's regulations regarding licensed premise usage, I would think that your brewery license specifies a designated "licensed premise boundary" and the stipulations and limitations of your license are for that space. I know in Montana we have to abide by the no on-premise sales for consumption after 8:00pm and only 48 ounces per person per day even if we are closed and I am the only one in the tasting room. Rules are rules.
    I don't think the operation of your cash register turns the state's rules on and off.
    Prost!
    Dave
    Glacier Brewing Company
    406-883-2595
    info@glacierbrewing.com

"who said what now?"

Comment

Working...
    X