Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All Steel or Plastic...how many?

Hey guys,
    We are looking at ordering some kegs to open our Brewery with, and trying to decide on what to go with. Being located in NWT Canada its a little worrying that we'll be left high and dry if the kegs don't stand up to our demands and that the initial quality will be lacking. So I'm trying to be as diligent as possible in researching and getting peoples feedback.

Some of the vendors I've been looking into are PKA kegs, Schaefer Kegs, and Gopher Kegs just to name a few, but also see others posting ads or bumping threads that I'm not sure about. Any information in this area would be greatly appreciated.
    cheers!

we are a small brewery in canada and just ordered kegs from gopher. great service. fast delivery. highly recommended.

Comment

Go Stainless

Go stainless if you can afford it. They will last you much longer and will be a lot easier to maintain in the long run.

I have bought used and new from many different sources and maintain that Geemacher is the best quality for the pricing.

When we first got started we bought reconditioned kegs from lawson recycling in canada. They advertise on this site often.

Comment

Any Word on Key Kegs?

We're mostly going to sell in house but will distribute some stuff locally and then some about 1,800 kms away. We're little worried about getting our kegs back or at least them costing a boat load to ship. Does anyone have info or are presently using Key kegs?

cheers!

Comment

don't go cheap! kegs are a long term investment and you'll need to be able to pull spears annually at least to check your cleaning process. you'll need good spears and valves that will last and continue to perform. I have bought PKA and some Chinese import kegs and Schaefer kegs. The German kegs are somewhat more expensive but the spears come out easily, and the valves are holding up. the others I am already making repairs to and they are less than 2 years old.

We recently bought from C&C kegs out of De Pere Wisconsin. They handle Schaefer and provide great service.
          Tim Eichinger
          Visit our website blackhuskybrewing.com

Comment

For long distance kegs you could go with Pub Kegs. http://pubkeg.com/ We save our stainless for commercial accounts and sell retail in these sixtels. You are not out anything with the normal deposit if they don't come back. You can get a couple uses out the blader if you don't clean them with 160+F solution. and the blader is cheap enough for you, that you could swap them out every time.

Comment

go with stanless we got 120 1/6 kegs from pka there ok light easy to use but the want u to by a special tool to get the spears out u can use a cupler and a quarter to remove them plus we have about 30 ss 1/2 recondition we found are beer carbs better and quicker and last longer and taste better in ss well keep the plastic for now but going all ss in the end hope this helps
              matt 3GB

Comment

Working...
              X