Degrees Plato

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Degrees Plato

Does anyone know where I can get a sensor to read degrees Plato and that would mount to an inline sanitary connector? Must be capable of CIP and 212 or above degrees F.

Is this for your kettle? If so might want to contact Kaspar-Schultz. There system they installed at Doemens had a sensor that read the gravity in plato during the boil.

Comment

Degrees Plato

Thanks for that contact. I will give them a call.

Comment

Something like an Anton Paar sound velocity meter is what you want. Will need to be in a circulation line as they are normally installed in pipes. I have used them before in lauter tun run-off lines. Beware of using such things in a kettle - fouling can be an issue.

Cheers,

Alex

Comment

I don't think the Anton Paar likes boiling temperatures. They will definitely cope with something like 2% caustic at 65 C, as I have used them for in line dilution control, but seem to remember the rep said not not to go much higher than I have quoted.

Centec also make SG meters, but the info I have doesn't cover the range of acceptable CIP conditions. The Sonatec operating range is -3 to + 25 deg C only, but ehey do a Rhotec, which appears to be suitable for wort kettles. Obviously the best solution is to contact them directly.

Also have a look at Sensotech

Click image for larger version

Name:	Sensotech.png
Views:	1
Size:	6.9 KB
ID:	190231
          dick

Comment

Working...
          X