Keg Washer Chemicals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keg Washer Chemicals

Hey guys, I just bought a new Keg Washer (Global Stainless) and I'm trying to see what everyone prefers to use for their chemicals. I was figuring to use Acid #5 and just Phosphoric Acid or Saniclean.

If you're sticking with FiveStar, #6 is the product formulated for keg washing... #5 is scale removal, passivation, etc. The difference lies in nitric to phosphoric ratios I believe and the amount of detergent.

Comment

Standard practice is to use a caustic, not an acid, but you could maybe get away with acid and an acid-compatible detergent such as Puma X from Birko.

Comment

I HIGHLY recommend talking to Dana Johnson at Birko. He has a great procedure that includes XPuma as mentioned above. Dana is the man and will not steer you wrong

Comment

We've always used caustic the majority of the time, but cycle in Acid #6 a few times a year until we feel like our entire float has been hit to clean up any beer stone that may be starting to build up.
          We use steam to sanitize now, but we used Saniclean for several years prior to that and it worked great.

Comment

I use a caustic based chemical that has a beerstone remover in so I get the best of both worlds. I have used this product for years and have not had a cleaning issue. Only thing is you have to keep it hot say 170 or so. I still do some acid washing once a year as others have mentioned. I even use this product in my fermenters and have also had great results. Its from broadmoor chemicals in Grand Rapids MI. A great company that works with soem very large breweries in Michigan

CHeers
            Mike
            Mike Eme
            Brewmaster

Comment

Working...
            X