Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biggest Complaints?

Greetings!

I am hoping to learn from the mistakes of others... and to avoid the pitfalls of this industry. I would like to know what are some of the issues that brewers face when dealing with owners and management. What aren't they understanding? What are you, as a brewer, seeking in an employer? What motivates you to quit, what would make you stay? How are loyalties formed and how are they broken?

I understand the monetary influence- but I also know that I have stuck with a job for much longer than I should have, not because of money, but for many other personal factors. What makes you stay- and what makes you seek?
    Employers have specified requirements for specific job opportunities... What are your requirements from your employer?

What do I need to hear that I may not be getting?

I have noticed that there is a very high turn over rate in this business- As an employer, how do I avoid that?

I appreciate your interest.
    Cheers to all!

just remember that most brewers including myself mostly have accepted that their jobs will not make them rich but seek another satisfaction from their work which money cannot buy, we need to have an artistic licence every now and then and be appreciated. And for some reason the brewers always become the handyman or the janitor of the brewery in which they work, I find that annoying, Brewers, like beer need to be respected...And kept happy ...
    Last edited by Michael Murphy; 07-23-2005, 05:48 AM.
    www.Lervig.no

Comment

Consider that the more things that complicate a brewer's job like extra chores, improper tools, poor equipment, inefficient conditions, bounced paychecks, etc., the fewer brain cells he/she can have available for what they should be doing: making the beer more consistant, making it better, more cost efficient, learning more about the business, and promoting beer and brewing as your company's ambassador. No reason to have a brewery without those things being top of your priorities.

Comment

Another thing I would add, try to get as much of a 'say' over the beer styles you can produce as possible. It's ok to make the same ones regularly, but every now and then you might want to be given free reign to experiment and make something truely exceptional - call it a seasonal or special, but it's nice to be able to really 'craft' something of YOUR choice once in a while.

Comment

Working...
        X