Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keg turnover per month

Hey guys,

We are moving into kegging which is a different world than bottles that's for sure. We plan on carrying for right now 1/4 slim (7.2G) kegs. I'm ordering kegs next week and I'm curious to see the turnover per location.

This is a general question: how many kegs a month per location should I expect roughly. Should I expect a keg a week? 1-2 a month? Like I said this is a generality of what your deliveries are like.

Thank you and merry Christmas

Grant

Loaded question for sure with a lot of variables. Whatever you come up with, figure at least three kegs per tap handle. One serving, one backup and one in transit/cleaning.
    Pete Broyles
    Riverport Brewing Co
    Clarkston, WA

Comment

Originally posted by pjbroyles View Post
      Loaded question for sure with a lot of variables. Whatever you come up with, figure at least three kegs per tap handle. One serving, one backup and one in transit/cleaning.
      Yeah I can def. understand that it is a loaded question. Thanks for your input!

Comment

Originally posted by pjbroyles View Post
        If you are required to use a 3rd party distributor, like we are, figure more like 5-6 per handle, at least. One on draft, one backup, two-three back stock at the distributor, one-two in transit/awaiting cleaning/filling.

Comment

kegs

I have chimed (could not resist) in on this question several times and I encourage you to read the many posts about: how many kegs do I need?

Bottom line is that you are asking two different questions:

1) How many kegs do I need in my float?
          2) How many kegs do I need in house so that I can keep emptying tanks? If you package this number is lower than if you are draft only. This is where I messed up when I opened

My advise is this:
          1) You can never have too many kegs.
          2) Have a reserve pool of kegs that will empty your largest brite twice. These are in addition to any other numbers you calculate.
          3) I would re-look at halfs. Have some, even 50 or 100. You may need more than you think. I sure did.

Best of luck!
          Jeff Schrag
          Mother's Brewing Co.
          Springfield, Missouri

Comment

It is always best to have more than you think you'll need. You never know when one will break and need repair. We produce around 2000 bbls a year and have close to 150 1/2bbl kegs. Before we got serving tanks, we were virtually always cleaning kegs and usually had about 10 that needed repairs of some type.

Comment

Working...
            X