Where to mount solenoids?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to mount solenoids?

The 3/4" ASCO Red Hat's have a bit of heft to them to where I don't want to mount them directly to the supply header ball valve. Where are you guys mounting your solenoids for FV's?

A picture is worth a thousand words. If anyone can snap a pic and post, it would be much appreciated. Or email me if its easier at largefarva1 at gmail dot com.

Comment

I have a pipe dropping straight down from the header into a ball valve right into the solenoid. The pipe continues down out of the solenoid then a 90 right before going into the tank. Seems to work well. Heads is 2" Sced 80 PVC and out of the solenoid it turns into pex.

Comment

Originally posted by DowneastCider View Post
        I have a pipe dropping straight down from the header into a ball valve right into the solenoid. The pipe continues down out of the solenoid then a 90 right before going into the tank. Seems to work well. Heads is 2" Sced 80 PVC and out of the solenoid it turns into pex.
        Do you have a bypass line around the solenoid in case of failure?

Comment

Originally posted by d_striker View Post
          Do you have a bypass line around the solenoid in case of failure?
          I do not. But it is not a bad idea.

Comment

Originally posted by d_striker View Post
            A picture is worth a thousand words. If anyone can snap a pic and post, it would be much appreciated. Or email me if its easier at largefarva1 at gmail dot com.
            As requested here are some pictures.

DanClick image for larger version

Name:	2012-09-28_14-21-42_601.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	190239Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	190240

Comment

Working...