Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will a fruit beer ruin my draft line?

Collective,

Were getting ready to make a fruit beer (raspberry & blackberry) but im getting cold feet. This is not a beer that will be in our regular line up but a sure seasonal. Im concerned that running this beer through our draft line will permanately make it a fruit beer line. We are using barrier resistant lines. Also a concern is how this will affect the door gaskets in the fermenter and serving tanks. Thanks for your thoughts.

Shoes

IF you were serving though the same line for multiple batches I might worry, but one batch of fruit beer wont ruin a line. Just do a extra heavy line cleaning including removal of taps. (Caustic/acid/sani) I have done this many times, including a spice beer that takes 2 cleanings- but does clean out. Note- extracts will "soke in" alot more than natural ingrediants.
    Brewmaster, Minocqua Brewing Company
    tbriggs@minocquabrewingcompany.com
    "Your results may vary"

Comment

Thanks

That seems to be the consensus from the locals (brewers) as well. Thanks for quelling my fears.

Shoes

Comment

a further suggestion:
        do a longer acid cycle when leaning that line - I always found this to really help keep the funk to a minimum. Then fill it with clean water and let it sit overnight. If the water tastes funky in the morning, you can bet your beer will taste the same.

Repeat as necessary.

Comment

Working...
        X