No announcement yet.

Craft beer lover with over 20yrs retail/management experience ISO NJ position

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craft beer lover with over 20yrs retail/management experience ISO NJ position

Thank you for taking the time to click on and read my post.
    I have over 20 years experience working in (mostly) liquor stores and bars in NJ, the majority of it being in a management position. I have worked in high volume stores, moderate sized neighbourhood stores, corner bars and restaurants. I am a craft beer enthusiast drinking everything from hearty Stouts to Wheat beers and IPAs to Sours/Wild Ales. My last position I was the store/beer manager for a high volume store where I built one of the best selections of craft beer in the area and operated a 500 member Beer Club with e-mail notices and blog posts to the store site. I set up Seasonal Beer Parties which drew lines up to 50 customers waiting to get in the store to shop at 9am and organized a bus trip of 30 Beer Club members, friends and employees to the AC Beerfest. I know how to get people excited about good beer. I've even worked a few beerfests since all the distributor reps and sales/brand managers know me they pull me behind the tables to talk to me and then somebody needs a cig/bathroom break and next you know I end up working some taps and pouring samples and telling people about the beers. So in essence I've already been doing this except that I've been doing it on a small scale for dozens of breweries and now I'd like to do it on a large scale for just one brewery.
    I've grown tired of retail and want the opportunity to grow as a professional and get out and about doing what I love most: talking about, promoting and enjoying good craft beer. I am seeking a brewery rep position for NJ, which can also include DE and MD. I have also worked a couple stints for a same day courier service and enjoyed being on the road and driving so travel is not an issue for me.
    Whether you're a brewery that already gets distribution in NJ or you're a brewery that's looking to make a splash in a new market, I would like to help you meet your goals. I feel the contacts I have made with distributors in NJ would allow me to offer you good communication between your brewery and the companies who are responsible for getting your beers into the market. I would use every digital media available to me so that (potential) customers know where I would be promoting your beers (I know this isn't a M-F 9 to 5 job). I know my former Beer Club members would tell you I have a knack for that.
    Please contact me via PM here for my resume and references. I look forward to hearing from you.
    Last edited by GuinnessNJ; 02-04-2014, 04:36 PM.
Working...
X