Brewhouse Equipment Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brewhouse Equipment Advice

Hi, my partner and I are looking to purchase a complete brewhouse with cellaring in the 10 to 15BBl capacities. We have gotten quotes from North American manufacturers but need to reduce our costs as much as possible. We have about 250K to spend on the entire production facility (equipment only), does anyone have any recommendations?
    Thanks in advance

I'll be watching this thread. I'm considering GW Kent for my brewery, in large part because they're only about an hour away.

Comment

Have you contacted Premier Stainless? I would be very careful buying from suppliers with no or few references.
      Joel Halbleib
      Partner / Zymurgist
      Hive and Barrel Meadery
      6302 Old La Grange Rd
      Crestwood, KY
      www.hiveandbarrel.com

Comment

I used to work for a brewery that had two 30 bbl, four 40 bbl, two 60 bbl ferms and like sized brights all from GW Kent. I'm an amateur welder as well and examined them top to bottom. Definitely solid welds and construction, although a few came in with some decent sized dents (but considering the travel distance, not too bad). I would definitely consider them in the future, not bad at all for the price. Only problems I heard was the manway doors on some of their tanks were rusting (although in the 2 years I used them I didn't experience that). I'm using PBST equip now and its not bad. But I have also used a lot of specific mechanical equip in the past too and they build solid stuff although a bit more expensive. We have 6 tanks coming in next week from ABT so I can chime in on that quality too if it helps.

Comment

We are looking at opening a brewery and have checked into ABE (American brewing equipment) in Lincoln ne. I don't have their website handy but if you googled it I think you will find them.

Comment

Originally posted by Speed View Post
            We are looking at opening a brewery and have checked into ABE (American brewing equipment) in Lincoln ne. I don't have their website handy but if you googled it I think you will find them.

Comment

Practical Fusion

Colin over in Portland, OR was a JVNW welder before striking it out on his own. Solid tanks, solid welds and very competitive pricing to boot. It would be wise to get a quote from Practical Fusion. I am pleased with the 10 bbl brewhouse, fermenters and brite tanks he fabricated for my new brewery.

Comment

Working...
              X