Will I be happy with this brite tank?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will I be happy with this brite tank?

I need a brite tank. I'm ordering a brite tank. This is the one I'm looking at, obviously price is a factor.

page 11, 5 bbl, single wall

Does anyone have any thoughts/input/experience that could help me with my decision? I've never worked with one before. I'm getting a Zahm for testing.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Cheers
    Fred

We had this exact brite tank at our brewpub. We have since switched to a chilled brite. We have 10bbl tanks from GW Kent and from Atlantic Brew Supply. The ABS tank and the premium line from GW Kent are of similar quality and design. The "micro" line from GW Kent leave something to be desired. Lots to discuss, happy to take a call if you wish. PM me.
    Luch Scremin
    Engine 15 Brewing Co.
    luch at engine15 dot com

Comment

From what research I've done for my upcoming brewery, it seems like you usually want a jacketed brite tank so you can slam out any last particulates and increase the speed of carbonation. If you plan to lager in your brite tank, wouldn't you want to be able to chill it down to a certain temp?

I've been dealing with Dayu and am quite pleased. I wish I could go with NA-made products, but the price difference is just through the roof :S

Comment

We have had two 7 BBL and 1 5 BBL in our cold room for a little over a year. Overall, we are happy with them for the price, but you get what you pay for. The spray balls screw onto the inside of the tanking, meaning to clean them you have to find someone who can fit through the small manway to remove/reattach. The sight is attached with a NPT threaded 90 and ball valve instead of sanitary connections. The pressure gauage reads Mpa, but is an easy switch. Other than that they have been work horses.

Cheers,

Justin Miller
        Black Acre Brewing Co.

Comment

Working...
        X