Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• septic?

I'd imagine this comes up.
    Does anybody operate a brewery on a septic tank?
    If so could you offer up some possibilities/impossibilities, complications, results, ideas, situations?
    I hear you cant dump (shouldnt dump) Bleach but Sodium hydroxide is just non clorinated bleach(?) thanks

I think the common wisdom is: don't do it. You can't just go directly into a tank, you need neutralizing holding tanks, a leeching field, etc.

That being said, there are a number of farmhouse sort of setups that are probably not all on city sewers. I would inquire with them. Places like Hill Farmstead, Rolling Meadows, to name a couple.

Comment

This is what we plan on doing, and you are right, there must be a holding tank before the main septic tank. We don't have all the details as the septic guy is going to talk to us next week. Try to keep you informed.

Comment

I know 16 Mile Brewery in Georgetown, DE is on a septic system, and if my memory serves me correctly they have a 15bbl brewhouse.

Kevin Shertz
        Chester River Brewing Company
        Chestertown, MD

Comment

The BrewFarm (7 bbl) is on septic but all brewery trench drains run into a 5000 gallon holding tank and WI DNR allows us to land spread on our property (using a registered hauler). Dunno if Arizona allows land spreading but it's worth checking into if you're serious about being off-sewer.

FarmerD
          Last edited by BeerBoy; 04-02-2014, 02:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X