PBST keg filler help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PBST keg filler help

Anyone out there own/use one of these? I've had mine for nearly 3 years now and its never worked a day. I've tried over and over to work with PBST on how to make it work of which they don't return calls, answer emails, etc etc. The last I talked with them they sent me a bunch of parts basically saying to fix it myself, when its never worked. We've emailed them numerous times since. Nothing. I hate to throw someone under the bus in public but this is ridiculous. This should have been replaced day one but they keep passing the buck. Any help out there would be great.

Cheers

Kristen England
    Brew Master/COO
    Bent Brewstillery
    Dr. Kristen England
    Brew Master/COO
    Bent Brewstillery

BJCP Education Director Emeritus
    Grand Master III Beer Judge

What is it not doing? Where in the process does it fail? Have you run any other keg line successfully before, (not pointing fingers just ruling out easiest things first). Frank Ma posts on here regularly you should call him out a bit if you are not getting good customer service. Three years is a bit of a long time, I know PBST does tend to just through parts at problems without helping much. First place I would start is gaskets. The ones sent with my tank were all complete trash, they were too small to use. I replaced every gasket on the tank from day one. Have you checked that all your air pressure, amperage, co2 pressure are all up to the machines specs? Not just psi but scfm?
    Joel Halbleib
    Partner / Zymurgist
    Hive and Barrel Meadery
    6302 Old La Grange Rd
    Crestwood, KY
    www.hiveandbarrel.com

Comment

Most of the electrical was incorrectly wired which had to be redone and still has glitches. A good number of solenoids fail. There are leaks all over the system. The cleaning program fails partway through. So many problems.

The tanks I've gotten from Frank have been great. I also replaced all the gaskets just b/c they were stained with some machining oil/grit.
      Dr. Kristen England
      Brew Master/COO
      Bent Brewstillery

Comment

Ouch that is a mess. I would not have waited 3 years to return that bad boy. Sorry to hear that.
        Joel Halbleib
        Partner / Zymurgist
        Hive and Barrel Meadery
        6302 Old La Grange Rd
        Crestwood, KY
        www.hiveandbarrel.com

Comment

I have a newer one, it works great. Had to re-wire the cord initially and had a solenoid stop working. The solenoid problem was just a loose connector. So far no problems with the PLC or pumps.

Comment

Man don't get me started on PBST... nightmare. SO SORRY I ever did business with them.

Comment

Wow...even more problems.

Finally got some help on getting this thing working. One of our buddies went through the entire unit and redid all the electrical stuff. The thing seemed to turn on and go through cycles. Then we noticed the following pictures. Holes and leaks in the braided stainless hose and in the actual steel pipe. A beautiful pinhole right in the middle of a crap weld. We've still heard nothing back from Frank or Eason... Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	190401Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	190402
              Dr. Kristen England
              Brew Master/COO
              Bent Brewstillery

Comment

PBST kEG WASHER PARTS

Hey there all, i know this post is pretty old but i am struggling to find parts for the JY-F keg washer. The manufacturer is being a pain to deal with and not responding to multiple calls/emails. In the manuals the part is called "washer head" along with gaskets for it. Attached are pictures of the manual.This is the piece that seals sanke connection. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Derek Bradley
                Assistant Brewer
                Short Fuse Brewing Company
                5000 River Rd., Schiller Park, IL
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X