Jacketed brite carbstone port design

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacketed brite carbstone port design

One thing we hate about our current jacketed brite (40bbl) is the tubing length from the outer shell to the inside of the tank for the carbstone (and sample valve for that matter). Ours is about 6-8 inches and it is impossible to get clean with just CIP. We are having a tank manufacturerd and I thought I'd see if we could improve the design with the help of any feedback from the Probrewer collective. Attached is a cutaway of what we have, what the current manufacturer looks to be doing and a couple ideas I had (which are just variations of "innie" and "outie" wells for the carbstone conection).

Obviously this would ad to the cost with some additional fabrication....I'm thinking concept 3 is probably the easiest to fabricate and structurally sound (less fabrication of the inner tank). Would have to makethe well big enough that you could get the triclamp on and off easily.

thoughts?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Sauce; 04-21-2014, 06:22 AM.

Don't bother with concept 1....too expensive to make. 2 and 3 are standard, that is to make cut in the cladding that is about 3x or 4x the diameter of the port in the inner, and eliminate the insulation to gain access. Just make sure you have enough clearance to throw on your triclamp!

Often, dimple jackets are designed to allow this...either they only wrap 270 deg around the tank through the center section, or there is a gap between jackets where the door is. Either way, this is the best place to put your carb port, because making penetrations through your jacket is a no-no...

If you're drawing up your own tanks, then there are a lot of little changes to standard design that can benefit you...especially at the base of the cone.

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
    X