Plastic Kegs America biz and bungs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plastic Kegs America biz and bungs

Does anyone know if Plastic Kegs America, based in TX is still in business? I've been trying to contact them to get bungs for my Pins with no response. Their FB page hasn't been touched since April 7 and the phone just says someone is on the line, then beeps for a bit until silence. If they have folded, does anyone know where I could get bungs for their kegs and firkens? Thanks.
    Mark Duchow
    Brew Master
    Short Fuse Brewing Co.
    Chicagoland
    "The best beer is FREE beer"

Interresting...

You can get shives for PKA's plastic casks at http://www.ukbrewing.com/ Just ordered in more myself, but UK Brewing was sadly out of keystones. I've used different varieties of plastic keystones before though, and they all worked.
    Russell Everett
    Co-Founder / Head Brewer
    Bainbridge Island Brewing
    Bainbridge Island, WA

Comment

Put me on the list if anybody finds out about the status of PKA. I've got a half dozen warranty claims that I need to send back to them. With all the issues and lawsuit crap, it wouldn't surprise me if they just disappeared. I'm already trying to figure out how to replace 2/3 of my float to get rid of the plastics. My guess is it won't be long before you can't give them away...
      Scott LaFollette
      Fifty West Brewing Company
      Cincinnati, Ohio

Comment

is this company still on business

The Rehrig Pacific Pubkeg . I am looking at their product and wonder is the are still alive.
        Charles

Comment

PKA Badness

Hey guys, I think I'm probably one of the "lucky" few to still be getting any kind of information from them. (Although it's widely spaced and consistently bad news.) They strung me along for over 2 months on a 3-4 week promised turn time for some quarters. Ultimately to tell me they couldn't fill the order. What the $@#!? So now I'm wrestling to get my deposit back to free up my financing and get something from another supplier.

Here's what I know. They don't respond to emails without repeatedly increasing the urgency. When they did respond, (which happened only after I also had the bank contacting them) it was very unprofessional. IE emails coming from addresses of FORMER employees, unsigned emails, no sense of urgency or remorse for what they've put us through. I was a cautious supporter of PKA through their whole legal mess. Their products worked well for us while self distributing the last couple years. They were good with warranty work and Darcie was very pleasant and responsive to us. I can say that at this point, I have as much respect for them and their business practices as they have concern/ethics regarding their customers. Which is, apparently, zero.

I don't know for a fact that they're going out of business. But if they weren't heading that way already, I'm sure that their current customer service practices will have people ushering them down the path.

All this from a laid back guy who just wants to make beer! I mean, come on! I'll send you money, you send me kegs. Simple, right!

Matt
          -Matt Geary
          PUBLIC Brewing Co
          Kenosha, WI

Things about me you didn't know? Well, English is my second language. Growing up in my house, we spoke Sarcasm. Fluently.

Comment

Saw it first-hand in the dot-com era, saw it first-hand in the housing bubble. Without ascribing any particular moments or companies to it, ladies and gentlemen, we are witnessing the beginning of of the end of the craft beer bubble.
            Kevin Shertz
            Chester River Brewing Company
            Chestertown, MD

Comment

Pka

I'm not sure what's up with PKA, all I've heard is they are reorganizing.
              I don't agree about the bubble business. PKA has had a tough row to hoe with first the general acceptance of plastic kegs, then the hurdle of the exploding plastic keg problem that killed one young man and set off a storm of speculation regarding Plastic kegs in general (I've been assured the keg in question was not PKA) So to say this is a bubble indicator ignores a lot of turmoil over the years. Most of the other manufactures covering every aspect of the craft beverage industry I talk to on a daily basis are doing great and expanding.
              Cheers!
              Banjo Bandolas
              Probrewer.com
              v- 541-284-5500
              banjo@probrewer.com

Comment

Originally posted by banjo View Post
                So to say this is a bubble indicator ignores a lot of turmoil over the years. Most of the other manufactures covering every aspect of the craft beverage industry I talk to on a daily basis are doing great and expanding.
                You are welcome to ignore the bubble. If you don't see it... I'm totally happy with history showing which one of us is wrong.
                Kevin Shertz
                Chester River Brewing Company
                Chestertown, MD

Comment

Bubble

Yes, I guess time will tell.
                  I'm sure there is a trough coming to the current wave, there always is, I just don't think this is it.
                  Cheers!
                  Banjo Bandolas
                  Probrewer.com
                  v- 541-284-5500
                  banjo@probrewer.com

Comment

Originally posted by ChesterBrew View Post
                    You are welcome to ignore the bubble. If you don't see it... I'm totally happy with history showing which one of us is wrong.
                    - Chester River Brewing Company (in-planning, opening in 2014)
                    Well it's a good thing that you're already fully open, well established, and ready to WEATHER THE COMING STORM... I mean, why would someone voluntarily join in on the tail end of a bubble? That's just crazy!

Doom...doom...doom....

We've always had good dealings with PKA but that was about two years ago, so I can't speak for now. But I've been known to defend them when people jump immediately to the All Plastic Kegs Explode Always So Let's Freakout bandwagon. We have around 160 of their kegs in circulation and we've never had a problem, other than two wonky valves, which they replaced overnight for free. I do imagine they've had some Interesting Times in the last year. Still, that's no excuse for shoddy service.
                    Russell Everett
                    Co-Founder / Head Brewer
                    Bainbridge Island Brewing
                    Bainbridge Island, WA

Comment

KeyKeg - Pub-Keg or other one-way plastic kegs???

Hi

This is my first post to the forums and hope that I'm not berated for not being a brewer. We make hard cider. We're located in Michigan. We are just getting our paperwork finalized.
                      Here's my question...
                      I'm trying to find a way to keg our product in one-way [20L] kegs for distribution to pubs.
                      We cannot afford SS kegs as the cleaning and sanitizing equipment is cost prohibitive for us right now.
                      SO..
                      I'm sure that many of you have had this issue and am asking for advice.

Many thanks in advance
                      David Winick

Comment

PubKegs produced by Rehrig, offer a oneway keg solution that are single use, we have been using them on and off for a while. I like the product and it comes sanitized and pressurized ready to fill. One advantage is they are Sankey D coupler, if you go with Key Kegs they are a proprietary coupler but also a good product and available in 30L as well as 20L.

PubKeg has changed their model since we first started using them and I like the "pay per fill" type model they are using now better than just straight purchase like they were before (it's less money and you don't have to deal with deposits, getting the kegs back and then dealing with disposal)

They KeyKeg is closer to size on a standard 20L so if kegerator space or maximizing pallet load is a factor then this might offer an advantage.

Truly in my opinion they are both good solutions but they both offer some advantage/disadvantage so one will likely fit your business better than the other.

Cheers and welcome to Probrewer.
                        Last edited by Luch15; 12-10-2014, 12:36 PM.
                        Luch Scremin
                        Engine 15 Brewing Co.
                        luch at engine15 dot com

Comment

Working...
                        X