Start-up distribution pricing help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Start-up distribution pricing help

I am a brewery in planning and I am specifically looking for some help reviewing my figures on my direct costs for production of my revenue streams and if the margins are accurate for the Wholesaler and Retailer. I live in Pennsylvania where it is legal to self distribute which is why there is a breakdown of both methods of self distribution and the typical three tier distribution system.

Thanks,

Jeff

Click image for larger version

Name:	Price Point Planner.png
Views:	1
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	193434

Be careful. This could be construed as price-fixing or collusion.
    --Dean Brundage
    Owner / Unscrambler of Eggs
    Blake's Steaks Sandwich Shop
    (650) 823-3389

Comment

Originally posted by brundage View Post
      Be careful. This could be construed as price-fixing or collusion.
      Dean,

Thanks for the heads up but could you explain please. I did some research by asking around to some retailers I know and put together the assumption of the 25% margin for the retailer. I couldn't get much info on the Distributor end other than their margins range around 30% so I assumed worse case and said 33%. I am able to accurately estimate my cost of production of the beer but it gets a little gray when I have to include the cost of cleaning/prepping/packaging the kegs and bottles. I was trying to ask if my direct costs and margins were in the ballpark of accuracy knowing that they will differ from each distributor and retailer and can be negotiated.

Comment

Yes your percentages are in ballpark. Some retailers get less margin and some distributors get bigger margin.

Comment

Originally posted by jcheavener View Post
          I am a brewery in planning and I am specifically looking for some help reviewing my figures on my direct costs for production of my revenue streams and if the margins are accurate for the Wholesaler and Retailer. I live in Pennsylvania where it is legal to self distribute which is why there is a breakdown of both methods of self distribution and the typical three tier distribution system.

Thanks,

Jeff

[ATTACH]16973[/ATTACH]
          When you say "brewer profit," I assume you mean gross profit. You will not net that much on your beer after overhead and expenses.

Cheers,
          sam

Comment

I'm having the same issues in my own business plan. Your gross margin on pint sales is higher than mine, but that's definitely possible depending upon the labor you're involving I imagine. I hadn't considered the margins for the distributor and the actual retailer though!

Comment

Working...
            X