Minimum inner hose diameter for 30 bbl brew house

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minimum inner hose diameter for 30 bbl brew house

I am looking to replace our brewery transfer hoses. The ones that I am replacing have a 3/4" inner diameter with 1-1/2" tri-clover ends. We currently have a 10bbl brew house. However, I am looking to the future possibility of upgrading to a 30bbl brewhouse. If I replaced them with 1" inner diameter hoses would they big enough for a 30bl brew house and 30bbl transfers in about 40 minutes(considering our heat exchanger was properly upgraded)

I searched the other threads and found one thread that touched the subject of fitting size but did not go into inner hose diameter size.

We knock out an 18 bbl whirlpool in about 30-40 min. using 1 1/2" ID hose and a 28-plate HX. Our knock out and transfer hose is about 30' long, which you need to take into account. We use 2" hoses for the inlet side of the pumps for knock out, transfer, and CIP, to prevent cavitation. These hoses are from 5-10' long.

For a 30 bbl brew house, 40 min knock out time, I'd look at 1 1/2" as a minimum. Of course, your HX will likely be the limiting factor. I did away with our remaining 1" hoses at the last hose change-out.
    Timm Turrentine

Brewerywright,
    Terminal Gravity Brewing,
    Enterprise. Oregon.

Comment

Working...
    X