CO2 Removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CO2 Removal

I'm setting up a brewpub in a basement bar, it is going to be 4hl.

As it is in a basement (3 metres below street level) I was concerned about CO2 build up. There is a vent at ceiling level to the street but would I require some sort of extractor unit to remove CO2 from the floor?

We use tube fans to prevent CO2 pooling. These are 10" dia. sch. 20 PVC irrigation pipes fitted with 10" "pancake" style axial fans--like big computer fans. They move plenty of air and seem to work nicely. You could run something like this up from your floor and out the vent. We use them more like ceiling fans, to disperse CO2 and prevent air stratification in the fermenter hall.
    Timm Turrentine

Brewerywright,
    Terminal Gravity Brewing,
    Enterprise. Oregon.

Comment

That sounds perfect

Cheers

Comment

Additionally, be sure to buy, install, use, and test CO2 detectors in the low parts of your set-up. I've read too many stories of folks wandering into a CO2 pocket and collapsing before they realized there was a problem (thinking in particular of some Ski Patrollers at Mammoth who rappelled into a crater to rescue someone who'd fallen in and were DOA even 'though there was help right there). Better safe than sorry!
        Timm Turrentine

Brewerywright,
        Terminal Gravity Brewing,
        Enterprise. Oregon.

Comment

Working...
        X