Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• experienced brewer looking around portland…or anywhere

Hello,

I've recently moved back to the United States from 2 years working as a brewer in Norway. Had to move back because of visa reasons and changing management at the brewery. Eagerly on the search for my next brewing adventure!

heres the old resume.

Tom Tørresdal
    2810 N Hunt St.
    Portland OR, 97217
    503-705-6700
    ttorresd71@gmail.com

I recently moved back to Portland from Norway where I worked as a brewer at Det Lille Bryggeriet (The Little Brewery), a 15bbl brewery. I performed all aspects of brewery production, including brewing, bottling, packaging, fermentation management, CIP, sanitation, deliveries, brewery tours, and talks. I also worked on starting a small farm brewery project in Norway on Bjørnstad Gård. Sadly it was not completed during the duration of my work visa, however I built a small 1/2bbl brewing system and was working on developing recipes for the farm. I am seeking employment in brewing in the Portland area and am interested in any openings that will further my experiences and learning.

Skills and Experiences

*Brewer at Det Lille Bryggeriet, Rena Norway, 2012- 2014

*Worked for Bjørnstad Gård developing a farm brewery project. Duties also included general farm work, such as maintaining farm equipment, logging, painting, driving snow plow, and general farm handyman. 2012-2014

*3rd Place Contestant on Norwegian Reality TV show Alt for Norge season 2. 2011

* Employed at R & B Music working the store and giving guitar lessons. This helped develop my customer relations skills. 2004-2011

* 3 years experience in medical records at Bridgeview Women’s Health, LLC. I assisted in filing, faxing, and copying of records. 2002-2005, part time

* Worked intermittently with Eakin Trucking assisting in the maintenance of their truck fleet, gaining a great knowledge of the art of maintenance and working on heavy machinery. 2002-2007

* Intermittent work with Nature’s Best Oregon Honey, assisting in bee keeping and hive management. 2002-2005

Education

*Central Catholic High School- High School Diploma: 2003

*University of Portland- B.A. Political Science: 2007

*Graduate of Oregon Music Technology School (OMTS) studying audio editing and production 2010

References
    Per Walmsnæss: Founder of Det Lille Bryggeriet, Owner of Bjørnstad Gård
    per@rena.no
    Rena Norway

Frank Werme: Former Brewer Nøgne Ø, current brewer at Sundbytunet and Det Lille Bryggeriet
    frank@sundbytunet.no
    Jessheim, Norway

Draft Magazine, article written by Tyler Moss on my brewing adventures in Norway
    Nov/Dec 2013 issue

we are looking in battle ground washington

Hi there, we are taking resumes for our start 15 barrel system. Would love to talk with you soon. Troy@barrelmountainbrewing.com

Comment

Any interest in moving to Texas?

Comment

Bump for still looking! even if just for some part time help somewhere, especially near Portland

Comment

Working...
        X