Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Physo Brew system

Hi All-

We have a 2.5 bbl system from Physo Brew. The guys over there have been great in trying to help us get this issue fixed so I just want to see if anyone has any feedback. The issue is that I can ONLY barely get 65-68 gallons of wort to come to a boil. At 80 gal (which it should easily handle) just dont happen. The temp stalls at 199-202 and never get hotter even with the cover on. We have even had the tec guys from Physo brew on the phone with our local gas company and still no luck. Does anyone use this system and can you boil 80g?

I have the 3-4 bbl system, which means two 75 gallon boil kettles. Rapid boil is no problem. Natural gas. We had to get a new gas meter right at the start, because the distance from the meter to the brewhouse was so great it lost pressure, but that was the only problem with the boil.
    Hope this helps.
    David

Comment

Thanks for the input Dave. We only have propane up in northern NY but that should still not be an issue. Ya something is very wrong then, I would not even get 75g to boil or break the surface.

Dave how long does it take you to get from 150 up to a full boil. Do you start your BK burner while it is running off.
      Last edited by NYCraftBrewer; 07-21-2014, 02:20 PM.

Comment

I start the burner when I am a third of the way full, and am boiling soon after fill. All I can suggest is to check the regulators. Propane needs a higher pressure regulator -11"wc vs 7" wc, -unless I just read the internet wrong! Chris probably already checked this for you-with you, but I have a sister who didn't realise her oven was set for nat. gas instead of propane, and this was her problem.

Comment

Are you getting the proper air to fuel mixture?

Comment

Working...
          X