Digital Beer List Software?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digital Beer List Software?

Currently, we are looking at Taphunter and Digital Pour. Both have some pretty cool features that link to social media and menu pages.

So does anyone have experience with these or any others that they would recommend? We have outgrown our current setup and are looking to upgrade soon.

Lastly, can anyone recommend a tv monitor for this application too?

Digital Pour vs Pour Wall

This thread didn't seem to go very far, but I'm interested in the same thing.

Who is using Digital Pour? Does anybody have experience with Pour Wall?

Thanks

Butch

Comment

Branded App

Hello,

I am currently building out an app solution for business. Breweries is one market that we are currently targeting. Basically what our solutions does is mimic other brewery's apps and provides a better interface for users to consume data. Something like this (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sixp...663008674?mt=8). We are backing the app with a CMS that is dynamic and would allow you to list almost anything in the app. Events, Locations, Menu, Beers and anything your mind can imagine. If this sounds like something that would interest you, please send me a PM.

Thanks!

Comment

A little late but we are using Digital Pour at our brewpub. We have 66 taps and it works very well for us. The menu is displayed on 60" tv's next to our bar as well as the app that is now available for both android and IOS (I think).
        Not only is it good for the digital menu aspect of it but it is great for analytics on your beer and inventory management. My only complaint so far is the printed menu.

For us we export the kegs on tap to an xls file which we then built a template for organizing and and just swap out beers as needed and remove the information not needed. If you have a bar that doesn't rotate 8 beers a day there would be no problem, but for us everyday is building a new menu and copy/pasting into the template. While not hard it does take some time to do that could be better spent elsewhere. I know it does come with its own program now to build a menu but we haven't had time to play with it.

The other great thing about DP is that it syncs with most POS systems so you can track sales that much better.

Comment

We looked at TapHunter and just a ppt in chalkboard format.
          Liked the social media plug ins of TapHunter but end of day we went with Untappd
          Bigger user base, social media pushes when we tap a keg (FB, Twitter & native untappd app).
          To be cost neutral we sell local business advertising on a monthly basis - it scrolls between our digital tap list and the local business logo.
          Contact me if any other questions.
          CrookedRoosterBrews@gmail.com

Comment

Throwing a note in here for Untappd for Business verified venue status includes digital signage output and menu generation.

Comment

Taplist.io is free and can be managed from any web enabled device

Taplist.io is free and can be managed from any web enabled device. Looked at all these other suggestions but for free and the amount of features Taplist.io has, just use Taplist until you grow. The page that shows up on the website is a general view but it can be completely customized. We are a small 3bbl nano w a taproom and it is making the magic happen for us right now. Maybe in the near future we will move to Untapped but Digital Pour looks pretty interesting right now too.

Create your own digital beverage menu, and show it on a TV in your bar, brewery, or restaurant. Hosted Web and QR menu included.

Comment

Originally posted by BREWMASON View Post
                Taplist.io is free and can be managed from any web enabled device. Looked at all these other suggestions but for free and the amount of features Taplist.io has, just use Taplist until you grow. The page that shows up on the website is a general view but it can be completely customized. We are a small 3bbl nano w a taproom and it is making the magic happen for us right now. Maybe in the near future we will move to Untapped but Digital Pour looks pretty interesting right now too.

https://taplist.io/
                Thanks for the shout out, BREWMASON! Mikey from Taplist.io. I saw some traffic coming from probrewer so wanted to say hi. If anyone has questions on capabilities or that sort of thing, I'm happy to answer!

We're definitely the "little guys" & probably the simplest product among the alternatives here, for better or worse. While overall it's something of a side project now, we're getting to the point that we might invest in some more commercial-tier features and support. In any case, our overarching goal is: keep it fast, simple, and highly enjoyable to use. Love to hear we're making magic happen for you, keep the feedback coming!

cheers..

Comment

2nd that - UNTAPPD

Originally posted by mswebb View Post
                  Throwing a note in here for Untappd for Business verified venue status includes digital signage output and menu generation.
                  Hear hear for UNTAPPD

Works great, tap list is easily integrated to FB, native app and our web page. We sell advertising on it to our local business partners so the annual fee is cost neutral to us at Crooked Rooster Brewery.

ymmv

Comment

Untappd = Good, Digital Pour = BAD

Originally posted by ShepFL View Post
                    Hear hear for UNTAPPD

Works great, tap list is easily integrated to FB, native app and our web page. We sell advertising on it to our local business partners so the annual fee is cost neutral to us at Crooked Rooster Brewery.

ymmv
                    We had some wierdness happen to us via Digital Pour. On my birthday I noticed a rating online about one of our beers but the name had been changed to something derogatory. Well that happens, right? Can't please everyone. changed to; "badname - happy birthday!" Wow, someone who knows me, I guess since they knew it was my birthday. Didn't think too much about it. Then a couple days later, a good retail partner of ours contacted me and told me his Digital Pour board had changed the name of one of my beers to this same derogatory name. Contacted DP immediately. They changed it back and shut down all ability to change listings for our brewery. I wanted to know who did this. After chasing Lisa Marcus of DP for 2 weeks, I got her on the phone. She claimed it was one of her customers. They are allowed to change descriptions etc. I kept asking who it was. She refuses to this day to tell us. As far as I know she did it, right?

We all know how crooked this business can be at times. Portland Oregon is a very competitive craft beer market. This stinks to high heaven to me. That would be a real neat scam if you could not only get paid to produce these reader boards but also break some legs while you're there! If your looking for this service, stay away from Digital Pour. If you have DP, get rid of it ASAP cause this thing looks worse and worse the more I look into it. Feel free to contact me if you want more details.

Ken Johnson
                    Fearless Brewing Company

Comment

Working...
                    X