Flooring options with a basement under the brew house

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flooring options with a basement under the brew house

I've read a lot of threads about flooring options, but my after talking with my plumber, I've still got some questions. All of the threads I've seen so far seem to have their brewhouse on a concrete slab.

I'm planning a 7bbl brewhouse. The brewery floor has a full basement under it. The flooring itself appears to be several inches of reinforced concrete board.
    What I had planned was to lay mud and tile over it, sloping to trench or point drains. When I talked to my plumber, he said I have to install a fiberglass tub under the entire brewery area, since tile will still be too porous.

I've never heard of this before. Is that SOP? Are there other flooring options I should be considering instead?

I would seriously consider Everlasting Epoxy floors. I have a crawls pace under my brew area. I reinforced the joists and added additional layers of plywood to meet the requirements. The epoxy is extremely durable, easy to clean, and looks great.

Comment

What do you do under the epoxy? I.e. how do you slope the floor to the drains? Do you lay down mud as if you were tiling? A skim coat of concrete?

Comment

My brewery is only a 3 bbl so take that in mind. My floor was 2x10 joists with 1" plywood on it. I added an additional layer of 3/4" plywood per the manufacturer. You need to tape the seams of the plywood and paint on a primer. After that dries you trowel on the epoxy and apply a glaze coat after.
        You can slope the floor with the framing or I am sloping the floor with the epoxy. Basically I installed the epoxy floor flat in order to get brewing and I am now installing additional layers to create a tub during my down time.

This company has been great with support, give them a call

Comment

Working...
        X