Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where are you sourcing tank/equipment brushes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where are you sourcing tank/equipment brushes?

I've purchased brushes from various suppliers ranging Home Depot to restaurant supply companies. In many cases bristles fall out at an alarming rate in use (especially problematic when it comes to tank ports) or they bend/deform to a point that makes it hard to make contact with the surface you're trying to clean.

I've never tried the GW Kent line, but at $100 a pop I'd like to get some feedback from some folks before I pull the trigger.

Has anyone had good success with cleaning brushes, if so who's your source?
    Cheers,
    Mike Roy
    Brewmaster
    Franklins Restaurant, Brewery & General Store
    5123 Baltimore Ave
    Hyattsville,MD 20781
    301-927-2740

Franklinsbrewery.com
    @franklinsbrwry
    facebook.com/franklinsbrewery

We source ours from Nether Industries. Very sturdy nylon bristle brushes, with nylon handles. These last for years--literally. Just be sure to get some 8" screw-on handles if you get the round bottle-brush styles--you'll have to do some convincing to get them to find them--they don't come with a handle, and the threads are not standard. Handles last almost indefinitely.

While you're talking to Nether, compare prices and availability of other brewery supplies--these folks carry most everything, and have a much better rep than, well....
    Timm Turrentine

Brewerywright,
    Terminal Gravity Brewing,
    Enterprise. Oregon.

Comment

I bought Kent's ergonomic hand brush ( the do it all type for our 7bbl operation) and I have to say that thing is a workhorse and well made. Zero bristle loss after 4 months of abuse with all of our chemicals for spot cleaning everything. Very happy with that product.

Comment

Working...
      X