canners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• canners

do the canners come in one piece, or can they come in many pieces? i don't have the largest door opening, so i'm trying to figure out my options. what are some of the more respected canner manufacturers? any advice would be appreciated. thanks!

Canner

It is usually one monoblock so one piece. Our manufacturer does not do it in pieces. CIME is pretty well respected in the industry, we have a line running at Sly Fox Brewing.

How wide and tall is your door?

Here is a video:

--
    Matt DiDonato
    Prospero Equipment Corp.
    Phone: (914) 769-6252
    Fax: (914) 769-6786
    E-mail: mdidonato@prosperocorp.biz

Please visit www.prosperocorp.biz for the Prospero home page and catalog download.

Comment

Cask Brewing Systems Inc

Originally posted by ndrhombus View Post
      do the canners come in one piece, or can they come in many pieces? i don't have the largest door opening, so i'm trying to figure out my options. what are some of the more respected canner manufacturers? any advice would be appreciated. thanks!
      We'd be happy to quote you on one of our ACS 4.2 systems. Despite being mounted on a very compact 2' x10' frame they can package a lot of beer and may be quite suitable for your needs. We are the first north american manufacturer of can filling systems and as such you will find hundreds of our systems in operation throughout the U.S. You will find my contact details below.

Regards,

Jamie Gordon
      Cask Brewing Systems Inc
      Calgary, AB
      jamie@cask.com
      mobile (403) 614-4673
      toll free 1-800-661-8443
      Cask makes high quality beverage canning systems ranging from 10-100 cans per minute and supplies Aluminum cans and lids as a Distribution partner for Ball Corporation.

Comment

Thanks. I'll keep this info in mind as we move forward.

Comment

We are in the construction design phase. Our plan was to add a canner down the road. We are planning on canning in the basement and are adding a lift. The lift is a six foot square platform and is seven feet tall. Perhaps you can provide some insight into the feasibility of this idea.

Comment

Sounds unpleasant. What is the lift capacity? A pallet of 90 flats of canned beer weighs 1804 lbs (including the pallet, trays, and 6 packers) plus the weight of the pallet jack and the personnel.

The CASK is the most compact machine, but takes up a lot of space with the full assembled line...it's narrow, though. The guys at CASK might build you a custom modular machine. Also, if you buy CASK you're locked into buying cans from Ball, and you need storage for a full truckload of cans, packed on 108" high pallets at 7908 cans per pallet. Not sure if that would fit in your lift, and repacking empty cans destroys a LOT of them.

If you could load the cans from the floor above and have them go down a chute to the canning below, that might be workable. And you could use conveyor to lift the full cans to the upper floor for pack on.

Look at me! full of ideas (and some other less pleasant brown stuff)!

Comment

our lift will be able to handle the weight. i didn't realize the empty can pallets were that tall. i know that cans are normally purchased in large amounts, but are there any companies that sell shorter stacks?

we might need to get the canner during construction instead of adding it down the road. i will also be checking with some manufacturers about building something custom made or one that can be assembled on site. if anyone has recommendations, let me know.

also, is there a particularly good thread for researching all things regarding canning? i was hoping to do most of the research down the road, but it looks like there's no time like the present.

thanks

Comment

Maybe you have seen this info already but Also keep in mind when you order printed cans you have to order a full order of each print. So if you want to can several varieties you have to sit on a lot of cans. One way around this is to order blank cans and use the shrink wrap labels they make, but that method never looks as good.

I know you guys are just getting started so I'll throw this out there too....

Out of every mode of selling beer, selling six packs of cans and bottles through a liquor store is the worst profit margin. I know in ND you could possibly sell all your cans directly out of the brewery then it might be worth it, but selling cans through a distributor isn't where the money is.

Comment

we would prioritize selling the beer in house, then kegs to bars, then cans. our intention was to buy a canner down the road, but we might have to get it right away for easier installation. is it your experience that cans have a poor margin because of the costs of canning or that the distributors don't pay much so they can have a higher margin?

Comment

Working...
                  X