20 x 20 filter on GW Kent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 20 x 20 filter on GW Kent

Does anyone have any experience with the 20 x 20 plate and frame filter on GW kent. It looks like it is well built in the pictures but I'm concerned that it may be too small.

fliter

we just got ours in last week we got the 30 plate from gwkent the double filter plates are on back order right now so waiting for that to come in also the rode that's presses the plates together its way short you can only take out 6 plates after that the rode wont compress the plates so were going for a longer threaded rod for the thing its metric by the way its 16 mm by 2 mm thread gap I haven't used it yet but I have beer ready to day so im going to get it realy for the afternoon a brewer friend has one only uses 15 plates to filter his beer with 2 micron sheets was told to run water through it to get the paper taste out of the sheets then either steam or run super hot water through it to sanitize the sheets let everything cool down start the beer let it push excess water out till you start to taste beer then into your brights or kegs that's how he told me to set it up ill let you know how the run was later this afternoon also pump come only handle 140 f I got 40 by 40m sheets at 2 micron cut them in fours and you get 4 filters out of one

cheers matt

Comment

Working...
    X