Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Vendors- Stainless Fittings, Lab Supplies, General Supplies, Cleaning Supplies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Vendors- Stainless Fittings, Lab Supplies, General Supplies, Cleaning Supplies

What are your favorite vendors? Are they low price, great quality or great quality with good prices? Note- for operating breweries.

Over the years I've used many vendors. However, I am still looking for really good stainless TC fittings and valve vendor? Who do you recommend?

And we're looking for a supplier for 2 to 5 bbl tanks for pilot brews and yeast brink - who do you recommend?

We need to purchase lab supplies. I used to use VWR, Cole Parmer, and Cynmar. Any recommendations?

Recent experiences:
    Just bought hose from Pat at Assoc Hose and am happy with that so far.

Am in process of buying a yeast pump from Verder pumps- they seem like a good company/product, excellent quality.

Always liked Newman Gaskets for TC gaskets. Good price/quality.

New tanks from Premier Stainless look good but they have not been tested yet.

Also like Nelson Jameson.

Where is GW Kent on price/quality?

Grainger & McMaster Carr - great for having a lot of choice, general industrial goods. Not so good on value.
    Last edited by brewgood; 09-03-2014, 12:46 AM.

Tri clamps vendors chemical suppliers ...

Give your good vendors a boost! Send them biz.

Just got a good price from Jerad (jduffrin@galloup.com) on Goodyear hose.

My boss likes St Pats low prices.

Comment

Stay away from St Pats. Just read some of the threads on here about them. Or, call them up and see for yourself.

I've had good luck with tri clamp fittings and valves from Brewers Hardware and Glacier Tanks. You get what you pay for, the quality is definitely not as good but the price is right and it gets the job done.

Gasket and tri clamps from Brewery Gaskets. Good quality and prices.

We have a couple 45 BBL Premiere Stainless brites that we are happy with.

Victory packaging for case trays, $0.21/each for folding tabs (no glue or staples).

Comment

You can read about St. Pats experience all over the forum.

Comment

Brewers Hardware and Glacier Tanks
          Ditto on both of these. Both have a pretty good selection and prices are good. I actually really like Brewer's Hardware's tri-clamps for whatever reason. They just seem to "catch" better than a lot of other similarly priced ones I've used in the past.

I've actually had ok experiences w/ St Pats, but only ordered a few times and they were small, simple orders. There are better prices to be had though, so that's mostly why we don't use them anymore.

Comment

You don't mention your location, and it may not matter.

We source our SS fittings, hoses, TC fittings, most gaskets, etc. from Nether Industries. Most of our chemicals are from Wesmar. Lab supplies from Nurnberg Scientific. Various stuff, mostly shop supplies, from Uline and Kaman Ind. (heck, you can order helicopters and turn-key factories from Kaman). Various o-rings and gaskets I can't find elsewhere, or not in reasonable quantities (Handtmann has a minimum of 1,000 each) from Cascade O-ring--talk to Chris. An order of O-rings for our bottler that cost $370 from the distributor costs $48 from Chris. Dayton motors from Grainger, just to keep 'em all the same.

I know I'm forgetting someone....
            Timm Turrentine

Brewerywright,
            Terminal Gravity Brewing,
            Enterprise. Oregon.

Comment

Keep it coming!

Thanks. We are in Dallas.

I have a $2000+ stainless order and I will send it to Brewers Hardware and Glacier and Nether for quotes.

We have a Pall Supradisc filter on order. Looking forward to getting it.

Who makes a good sanitary sample valve besides Perlick?

Comment

All of our sample valves are Perlick, and knowing how the owner values change, this likely means there aren't many choices.

Perlick makes two styles of sample valve. One is an SS petcock. These will eventually fail due to the SS-on-SS galling, and are not practically repairable. They also present a serious risk of contamination if you don't enforce a protocol of always turning the valve the same way, as the inner part of the valve is partially exposed to the air. The other style is a "bonnet valve" (Perlick's designation). These present no contamination risk, have no SS-to-SS moving contacts to gall, and are easily rebuilt. Obviously my preference, and we are replacing the petcock-style as they wear out.
                Timm Turrentine

Brewerywright,
                Terminal Gravity Brewing,
                Enterprise. Oregon.

Comment

Working...
                X