Grundy G-System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grundy G-System

I have a whole bunch of 30 liter kegs fitted with the G-system type spear. I have obtained them super cheap and am starting to regret the deal. Hopefully someone here at the forum can assist me. I have no problem locating couplers but I am still unable to remove the spear from the keg. In the photos you can see that I am able to screw it out about an inch until the threads ends then its hindered from inside. If you look at the plastic (?) threading there are some peculiar "teeth" protruding from under the stainless top. I am thinking these teeth or notches are for somekind of special wrench perhaps?
    Please help if you can
    D. Meadows
    Stockholm
    Attached Files

Keg Spear Removal

There is a removal tool available from Micro Matic. It is spendy... You might try Sabco for a cheaper alternative. I just used a pry-bar and popped them out.

Comment

Removal tool for spears or valves

Yeah the cost at sabco was around 2oo + bucks. I could make one I suppose but its hard to see detail just looking at a photo. Does anyone know where i could find one used? The price for shipping overseas is ghastly.
      D Meadows

Comment

Removal tool

Could you please post links to the pages showing the removal tools for the G-system spears?

Comment

Working...
        X