Best Practices for Carbbing in FV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Practices for Carbbing in FV?

Can anyone point to papers, etc with some best practices for force carbing in a fermentation vessel?

I’m guessing our best bet would be to push the CO2 while racking into a brite tank, but I’m wanting to push gas right into the FV since we don’t have any brite tanks.

Would some kind of re-circulation across the carb stone be an option maybe?

Any links, papers, or ideas is greatly appreciated.

All of our tanks are unitanks. Whichever tank is empty becomes our "brite" and we transfer 32* beer into it with the carb stone installed. Tank is typically carbed in under 12 hours. No recirculation necessary.

Comment

I have all of my FVs fitted with carb stones. Typically takes about a shift to carb them slowish... but if I am really pushed, I can vent the tank and push it hard and get it done in a few hours.

Comment

Originally posted by wailingguitar View Post
        I have all of my FVs fitted with carb stones. Typically takes about a shift to carb them slowish... but if I am really pushed, I can vent the tank and push it hard and get it done in a few hours.
        Can you describe this to me like I'm 5 and have not done this before? Cuz I haven't'. I understand dropping the temp as low as possible, and having the stone in the tank, but should I be pushing 14 psi or higher than my target?

If there's anywhere I can look to get this kind of rudimentary info I would love to know where that is.

Comment

This is the thread you're looking for:

Comment

Originally posted by scotts View Post
            This is the thread you're looking for:

http://discussions.probrewer.com/sho...9368#post79368
            Awesome, thanks Scotts!

Comment

Working...
            X