contract brewing licensing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• contract brewing licensing

What are the legal requirements for, ie licensing needed for contract brands? I've been told many different things and want to know what others have done. Here are some of the possible senarios I've been told.

1. Become a licensed beer wholesaler in your state. Really don't want to do this for financial reasons, seems like and unnecessary expense since I don't want to be selling directly to retailers.
    2. Act as a "beer Broker". You create the brand and find a brewery to make it. than find one or many wholesalers to sell it for you. downside is you do not hold a liqour license of any kind and are at the mercy of brewery and wholesalers.
    3. Obtain only a brewers permit from the feds and operate in a similiar fashion as above (2) but with more flexability. You can legally transport and story your product. You can also sell to any licensed wholesaler.

Any and all feed back is greatly appreciated since I have been operating for over a year now and need some clarification now.

Thanks

KM
Working...
X