Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SoCal Based Experienced Assistant Brewer looking for new challenging opportunities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SoCal Based Experienced Assistant Brewer looking for new challenging opportunities

My name is Andrew Moy. I have been in the industry for a year and half now and have experience brewing in both an award winning production brewery and brewpub. I'm based in Long Beach, CA but I am willing to relocate if the opportunity presents itself.

My current experience is as follows:

Belmont Brewing Company, Long Beach, California
    Assistant Brewer; February 2014-Present
    -Brewed 5 proprietary BBC recipes and monthly seasonal beers on 7bbl brewing system
    -Collaborated with head brewer to develop distinctive seasonal beers
    -Prepared fermenters and brite tanks with thorough sanitation and maintenance
    -Monitored fermentation temperatures and adjusted according to stage of fermentation
    -Responsible for cellar duties such as dry hopping, fining, plate filter, transferring beer from fermenter to brite tanks, and carbonating beer for consumption
    -Log pertinent brew information as well as sanitation and maintenance records
    -Maintain beer lines and faucets to ensure excellent product quality
    -Discussed and coordinated beer selections for BBC Beer dinners with head chef and brewer
    -Represented The Belmont Brewing Company at local beer festivals and provided excellent customer service

Bay Hawk Ales, Irvine, California
    Brewer; April 2013-June 2014
    -Brewed Bay Hawk recipes as well as contract brews on 17bbl brewing system
    -Responsible for over 10 proprietary recipes and consistently achieved target specific gravities
    -Worked directly with contract brew clients to deliver high quality products
    -Pitched yeast from fermenter, keg, and brinks tank
    -Able to execute all steps in sanitation process including fermenters and brew system
    -Responsible for ensuring proper packaging and carbonation of finished beer
    -Milled various grain types and adjusted fineness for base and specialty malts
    -Accountable for grain, kegs, and brewery supply deliveries between brewery and warehouse

Skills
    -Physically proficient with all aspects of the brewing process
    -Familiarity with yeast preparation and fermentation rates
    -Experience using laboratory equipment (scales, glassware, heating instruments, etc.)
    -Proficient with walk behind electric forklift
    -Solution orientated, strategic thinker (familiar with entire process, project outcomes). Excellent inter personnel, excellent communication written/oral, and entrepreneurial skills.
    -Proficient with all computer systems and office suites.

I can be contacted at: email - moyboy562@gmail.com
    phone - (562) 762-6122
    Andrew Moy
    (562) 762-6122
    moyboy562@gmail.com
Working...
X