Which hose?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which hose?

We're replacing all our Band-it clamped hoses with hydraulically radial crimp ends. The question is, which hose? Our old hoses were Unisource 2735, very durable (maybe too durable), very heavy and difficult to handle.

We're currently looking at either Goodyear Vintners hose or Novaflex 6506. Anyone with experience with both or either of these? We'll be implementing a three-year rotation cycle on the hoses.
    Timm Turrentine

Brewerywright,
    Terminal Gravity Brewing,
    Enterprise. Oregon.

Can't offer too much help here. You might want to talk to the hoser installing the ends. We switched from Gates to Flexwing on the recommendation of AHP because of their observation that softer linings hold the ends better...not sure we saw that much difference, though the Goodyear was more pliable. I'll be getting 1-1/2" Greenline brewer's hose with my Specific Mechanical system.
    Clarke Pelz
    Cynosure Brewing

Comment

We just ordered some glidetech 1" with crimped tc fittings. Two weeks of use. So far, they are really nice, much better than our old unaflex hoses with bands. You will end up paying significantly more for the crimped option. I've tried to kink these hoses and have yet to do it. They are a little bit heavier but it's worth it if it means they are more durable, which they do feel like they are.

Comment

Gates

We have used the Gates Food & Beverage Master 1.5" for the last 3 years. Great hose. I think they have changed the branding on these hoses though: http://www.gates.com/products/indust...d-and-beverage

Cheers.

Comment

Working...
        X