dry graining

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dry graining

can or has anyone used grain in the secondary fermenter like dry hopping , example to give a porter more chocolate note ,stupid i know but has it been done

hmmmm,

bizarre. i would be very scared to do that because of micro issues that may arise - i.e. bacteria, yeasts, moulds on the malt. maybe make up a boiled concentrate and add to the fermenter?

alex

Comment

dry graining

so your porter hasent enough chocolate flavor or is it the color ? have you tried getting some chocolate extract -boil - cool- add, but think it might mess up your hopflavor.if you go with plain chocolate malt you want have any sweetness because the grain is burnt out it would have no suger just colered ,flavored water ,depending on how much you add it would weeken your alcohol level but the most fear i would have at the two liquids want combine anymore it might separate and stay like that(like black and tan ) depends again on the amount.Why not just call it a mild porter and sell it?
      Harald Mois

Comment

Thanks for your replys , I took some black and chocolate grain and made a concentrated brew and added it to the aging tank and that did the trick thanks again

Comment

Working...
        X