Duralkote 240 Epoxy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duralkote 240 Epoxy

Has anyone ever used this epoxy on brewery floors before? I realize you'll get a much longer life and protection from drops from polyurethane, but the cost of material and installation is much greater. Yes, it's worth it in the long run, but it's not close to our budget.

DURALKOTE 240 is a two-component, 100% solids, high performance epoxy coating system designed for use on concrete floors and walls. DURALKOTE 240 is flexible, offers exceptional chemical and abrasion resistance, and provides excellent adhesion to properly prepared surfaces. DURALKOTE 240 produces a glossy, tile-like, easily maintained surface. DURALKOTE 240 is available in Light Gray and a Neutral Base, that can be colored with EUCLID UNIVERSAL COLOR PACKS; available in 33 standard colors.

We will have new concrete floors (3000 sq. ft.) sloped at 1/4"/ft into stainless trench drains. The manufacturer told me that it will stand up to 180-190F, especially if it's rolling down to the drain. It also looks like it will stand up to our chemicals, even at much higher concentrations:

I'm sure this will end up chipping/staining much quicker than poly would, so I'm also wondering if it's possible to either add a thin poly material on top or redo it with poly in the future when our cash flow is better. Thanks for any advice!

How did the DuralKote work out for you? We are evaluating it for a new floor right now.
    John Bleichert
    Water Street Brewing Co.
    Binghamton, NY

Comment

We ended up going with a different polyurethane floor -- Flowcrete. Pretty happy with it so far.

Comment

Great - thanks!
        John Bleichert
        Water Street Brewing Co.
        Binghamton, NY

Comment

If you haven't yet, I would recommend contacting www.careed.com out of Canandaigua. They installed Urecrete for our brewpad and an Industrial epoxy in the rest of our brewery over the winter. It takes all the heat and chemicals I've thrown at it and I've dropped some serious weight on it too, its pretty indestructible! Plus they were pretty easy to work with.
          Gregg Piechota
          Four Mile Brewing
          Olean, NY

Comment

Working...
          X