Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Admin, please..........

Hi!

Every once in a while the software that stores my password to this site takes a dirt road and I have to log-in every time I access the site. I don't believe this is computer specific, since I access Probrewer from a remote location during the day........same thing.
    This also leads to me being automatically logged off after being on-line while answering a post or similar and I end up losing my response unless I go through some real http gymnastics to copy and paste what I typed previously.

Was there a change behind the scenes or is this a glitch? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanx a bunch!

same prob

Had the same thing happen to me - usually always signed-in and then boom, had to sign-in every time. Took forever to find the "remember me" check box window (I think it was a sign-in page - don't ask me where it is - pure accident that I found it) and am now always signed-in again. It would be nice if it were "easier" / more obvious as to where the check box for "remember me" is (maybe on the homepage?) - every once in a while I clear all cookies and hate to hunt for that box. Enough of that dead horse...

Comment

A trend forming?

Me too. no more password memory!

Comment

me too................

Comment

We're on it

We’re looking into it.

We will post something here as soon as we find something out.

Thanks for your input.

Admin

Comment

We are still trouble shooting. It seems to be related to an upgrade to the site we did on 11/8.

More details to follow.

Admin

Comment

same problem ... short-term solution ...

I have the same problem whenever I clean the cookies out of my cupboard.

The solution: just don't log in on the front page, it won't remember you.

Instead hit the discussion boards link on the front page and then log in, the system will then remember you.

be patient, have faith, the admin. will fix it soon

- John Rebel

Comment

Solution

Here is a solution that seems to work:

By clearing the cookies in your computer, after logging onto the site a few times, the site should then recognize you from then on.

To clear cookies if you use Internet Explorer as your browser:

In your browser, click Tools at the top of the page. Click on Internet Options, then Delete (or Clear) Cookies.

For other browsers, go to My Computer on your desk top. Then click on Control Panel. Then click on Internet Options and click on Delete or Clear Cookies.

Please let me know if you have further problems at probrewer@probrewer.com

Admin

Comment

Thanks, Guys..........

Thanx for the tip on clearing and logging in through the discussion board, guys........it remembers me now.

Comment

Working...
                  X