X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• turbo tap

Has anyone ever use or seen a turbo tap in use , do they really work

Turbo Tap

I'd like to hear some feedback as well. COlor me skeptical. Now that this thing is getting some press, my owners approached me today and are totally blown away by the claims. I think they feel after sliced bread, this is the next best thing.
    I see two reasons for using it: high volume events (our brewpub does not fit into that unfortunately) and a "better" pour (we can solve this by getting bartenders who can take instruction well-still searching )

I wonder:
    Does it stay clean? THe tap is in the beer all the time.
    Does it pour a great glass of beer as advertised?
    What are the install costs?
    Is leasing ($99/year) this type of equipment stupid?
    Will it be harder on line cleaning day?
    If my beers pour inconsistently now, will they pour inconsistently, but fast?
    Does an unfiltered craft beer cause any more sanitation problems than a sterile filtered Old Style Light at Wrigley field?

SOmeone has to know, the article I read said that 5 million beers have been poured on them already.
    Matt Van Wyk
    Brewmaster
    Oakshire Brewing
    Eugene Oregon

Comment

They work great and are clean. Only problem is that if you have a lot of taps (20+) and want to have only like 5 or 6 of the big sellers on the turbo system you need to have 2 seperate gas setups as the turbo system runs at much different pressure than a regular tap and the lease program they set in place ends up costing alot for 20+ taps. Perfect pint every time though....
      Bottoms Up!

Comment

Really? I am bringing this back up......

I have been looking into these things for some time, but have never seen one in person, nor do I even know of a brewery close to me that uses them.
        anyone have any current information as to their claims or reviews they would like to offer? (anyone here using them?) I am thinking about buying 6 of them and just dont want to waste the money if they dont do what they say.
        www.beerontheriver.com

Comment

One thing you'll notice is that all the press on them shows them pouring macro lagers at big events. Yes as stated they require a higher pressure to pour faster, the "turbo tap" itself does not make faster pours, they use a gas blend and are for high rate taps like at stadiums. They must be cleaned nightly. And the proprietors of the turbo tap are marketing guys, a $99/yr lease for a widget that you don't own, that just sticks on the end of your tap, if you can get someone to pay it, is genius. I'm not sure if you can buy them.
          Last edited by South County; 07-31-2011, 08:45 PM.

Comment

you can buy them now apparently for $200 bucks each from turbotapusa.com
            www.beerontheriver.com

Comment

Gotcha, just saw that this afternoon, I guess leasing renewals must be down, lol.

Comment

Working...
              X