FV to Serving Tanks Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FV to Serving Tanks Question

Hello and good day guys. First post for a new brewery up in the interior of Alaska. I have a question about sizes of fermenters going to serving tanks. I am trying to avoid ever running out of beer in my taproom. I am planning to run a 3BBL system up to the FVs and then go to 6BBL FVs. Our plan would be to double batch in each FV. That being said, I want to use serving tanks since I am not going to spend startup on cooperage at first and space comes at a premium. Once a beer has finished in our FVs and carbed up, should I have two serving tanks per tap or can you just keep refilling the serving tanks. My first thought would be that refilling could cause issues if the brewer didn't keep up on periodic cleaning and sanitation of the tanks. Thus I lean to having 2 3BBL serving tanks per tap. Thoughts?

One tank per beer. When you get down to one bbl or so, keg it off and refill the tank with the next incoming beer. You'll need to buy some cooperage, but not nearly as much as you would without the serving tanks.

Also, there should not be 'periodic' cleaning and sanitation. They should be cleaned and sanitized before every transfer into them.

Comment

Originally posted by SMiller View Post
      One tank per beer. When you get down to one bbl or so, keg it off and refill the tank with the next incoming beer. You'll need to buy some cooperage, but not nearly as much as you would without the serving tanks.

Also, there should not be 'periodic' cleaning and sanitation. They should be cleaned and sanitized before every transfer into them.
      Good idea. Basically I would need about 20 half barrel kegs to cover it...give or take. Thank you very much for making my life easier and making equipment costs cheaper.

Comment

Working...
      X