Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Research Scientist and Recent Brewing School Graduate Looking for QA/QC Position in t

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Research Scientist and Recent Brewing School Graduate Looking for QA/QC Position in t

Hello, I have recently completed the Craft Brewers Apprenticeship through the American Brewers Guild and am seeking to establish myself in the brewing world. At this time I am seeking a position as a QA/QC technician with a brewery.

Qualifications:
    -I’m a trained scientist with a master’s degree in microbiology. As such I am extremely competent in media preparation, cell counting, microbiological assays and screening, safety when working with dangerous chemicals, and I am an expert in sterile and sanitary technique. As a lab manager on of my duties was the mentorship of undergraduates.

-During my apprenticeship at Capital Brewery (Madison,WI) I achieved proficiency in brew house operations, cellar practices, CIP and sanitary procedures, yeast management (collection, washing, and pitching), packaging of filtered beer (into kegs, bottles, and cans), and of course cleaning with good old elbow grease and a bucket of caustic.

-In my eight years of homebrewing I have made a number of beers using all grain and extract methodologies. I am adept at recipe formulation, draft systems, temperature control systems, yeast ranching, and collection of ambient microbes for wild fermentation.

-Three years as a Certified Beer Judge in the Beer Judge Certification Program has given me an understanding of beer styles and history.

I am currently located in Wisconsin and would prefer to stay in the Midwest but I am flexible. I would love a chance to prove myself and given that chance I know I would be a valuable addition to any passionate, beer-centric team. If you are interested in a resume and/or a list of references I can be reached on here or at Ronchettia@gmail.com.
    Last edited by TheRonch; 10-29-2014, 02:32 PM.
Working...
X