Biofine Gel issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biofine Gel issue

We are running into a phenomenon where when we are cleaning (soaking) carb stones from our brites with Cellrmastr/PBW we are getting this thick clear gel that appears in the bucket. Quite a bit, several cups from soaking one carb stone. The common denominator seems to be beer that is fined with Biofine Clear. We plan to track our processes in more detail going forward to see what is causing it. Sometimes we clean the brites under pressure w Acid. In one of my previous jobs I had the same issue with Biofined beers in the brite tanks, so Im confident it is some type of chemical reaction with the Biofine. I was also cleaning the brites under pressure there as well. Usually 2X under pressure then the third a full tank Breakdown and CellRmastr warm CIP. Anyone have the same experience or any possible ideas? I remember discussing it with Dana from Birko years ago and we had an idea of what was happening but I cant recall?! It never happens in the beer just during cleaning. Could very well be forming in the actual tank as well during CIP and not getting noticed because it would get rinsed down the drain. In my previous job there were no carb stones in the brites (dont ask) so I was seeing it during CIP coming out of the manway. I should mention that we actually fine the beers in the fermenter and transfer the cleared beer to the brites so you wouldnt think much Biofine is actually getting into the brites.
    Last edited by Matt Dog; 11-05-2014, 07:37 PM. Reason: additional info
Working...
X