PDA

View Full Version : Morebeer Wort Oxygenation setup - anyone use this?

brichards700
11-18-2014, 02:08 PM
Hey there Im looking into buying an inline wort oxygenation setup. I keep coming across the one from GW Kent and the one that Stout tanks offers. I just now saw this one one from Morebeer. Has anyone used this particular setup? http://morebeer.com/products/pro-series-oxygenation-assembly.html It appears to be your typical arrangement, just curious if anyone has used this and found anything that they do or don't like about it.

Cheers,

Brian
Cognition Brewing Company
Ishpeming, MI

MatthewS
11-18-2014, 02:36 PM
2 T's. 4 clamps, a sight glass, a pressure gauge, and a carb stone.

pretty simple design and easily built with parts. Seems a bit expensive considering, and I will assume this, that these are chinese parts.

I have not used this item, but I have used other inline carb assemblies. I say build your own. easy and probably could get close to built with parts you have at the brewery.

TGTimm
11-18-2014, 04:08 PM
I can't help but agree. Zahm & Nagel makes excellent SS stones. Get a T and a TC mount stone, being sure that the stem of the stone is long enough that the stone itself is fully in the flow of wort when installed into the end of the T. Z & N will be more than happy to help you with this. Probably won't be cheap, but someday you'll realize that this is the x-thousandth brew you've used it for. The gauge on the other T should be a thermometer, not a pressure gauge. Be sure you get one that can be easily calibrated (most can, also get a glass lab thermometer for a reference and use it regularly) and use a thermowell to mount it in the boss of the T. We had a problem with contamination on the cold side, and we've eliminated every threaded fitting after the HX--you just can't clean and sanitize exposed threads.

MatthewS
11-18-2014, 08:20 PM
The gauge on the other T should be a thermometer, not a pressure gauge. Be sure you get one that can be easily calibrated (most can, also get a glass lab thermometer for a reference and use it regularly) and use a thermowell to mount it in the boss of the T. We had a problem with contamination on the cold side, and we've eliminated every threaded fitting after the HX--you just can't clean and sanitize exposed threads.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the correction. I just re-read my post and looked at some old notes. not sure why I said Pressure gauge. been a long year...

WalleyeGuy
11-19-2014, 09:57 AM
What is a good source for hardware such as this(TC, etc)?

Thanks!

3guysandabeerd
11-19-2014, 10:35 AM
walleyeguy look up brewers hardware they have great prices they might not have every thing but clamps, tees, ext they should have most of it the rest try gw kent or glacier tanks just look around most places have that stuff ill be building on soon my self let me know how you make out
cheers matt chief broom handler 3GB

TGTimm
11-19-2014, 02:05 PM
What is a good source for hardware such as this(TC, etc)?

Thanks!

We source most of this kind of stuff from Nether ind. http://www.netherind.com/

Stones and stone fittings from Zahm & Nagel http://www.zahmnagel.com/