brewing with septic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brewing with septic

I am looking into building a small home based microbrewery and was wondering if anyone knew anything about doing this off a well and septic.

i'm a little confussed. are you talikng about using your own household septic or zoning and using the city sewage system if possible? there is a lot of waste water in a brewery and would imagine it would easily over run a house hold septic/leech system unless you had a way of re-using a good amount of the waste much like grey water lines for washing machine and what not, great lakes brewing is a great example of a brewery that has very little "waste".

Comment

Up here in the wilds of Montana, I know of two breweries that are brewing off wells and utilizing septic systems: Lang Creek Brewing in Marion and Flathead Lake Brewing in Woods Bay. Sorry I don't have their phone numbers but they both have web sites; www.langcreekbrewery.com and www.flatheadlakebrewing.com. Give them a cyber-jingle.
      Prost!
      Dave
      Glacier Brewing Company
      406-883-2595
      info@glacierbrewing.com

"who said what now?"

Comment

Wetland treatment

Originally posted by gallon
        I am looking into building a small home based microbrewery and was wondering if anyone knew anything about doing this off a well and septic.
        I use a wetland treatment for my wastewater with my 1 barrel system. It cheaper, safer and utilizes less land than a septic!
        Doug A Moller
        Brewmaster
        The Moller Brew House
        (405)226-3111

Comment

I responded to a thread about this within the past year. Perhaps it is in archives.

Comment

Working...
          X