Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CO2 consumption using acid-only cleaning

Hey everybody,

I had a question out there for the folks who use 5-Star Acid #6 or Birko's X-Puma/Ultra-Niter to clean their kegs. If I'm understanding the process correctly, all purges of old beer/chemicals are done with CO2. Compared to using compressed air/caustic, how much CO2 are you going through to clean your kegs? We'd be looking at doing 40(ish) kegs at a time and currently only have 50LB CO2 tanks but could go larger. Would we be blowing through a tank every time we do a cleaning run?

Thanks!

Definitely not. I use the niter/puma combo. Washed 45 30 litre kegs yesterday. Could probably do this three times before I had to replace our 50 pound tank.

Comment

Originally posted by EastSide View Post
      Hey everybody,

I had a question out there for the folks who use 5-Star Acid #6 or Birko's X-Puma/Ultra-Niter to clean their kegs. If I'm understanding the process correctly, all purges of old beer/chemicals are done with CO2. Compared to using compressed air/caustic, how much CO2 are you going through to clean your kegs? We'd be looking at doing 40(ish) kegs at a time and currently only have 50LB CO2 tanks but could go larger. Would we be blowing through a tank every time we do a cleaning run?

Thanks!
      Have you thought about bulk CO2 tank?

Comment

Originally posted by Thirsty_Monk View Post
        Have you thought about bulk CO2 tank?
        Yes, we're just starting up and this keg cleaning method might just be a stop-gap. We're a 5 minute walk from our gas supplier so getting new tanks is fairly easy; we keep a few extra 50lb cylinders on hand.

Thank you for the replies, I appreciate it.

Cheers!

Comment

Working...
        X